November 17, 2010

The Awareness Ribbon or Pita Kepedulian

"The Black-Red-White Ribbons" taken by me

I had told you about our act for help people at Wasior, Mentawai, and Jogjakarta through our social activity called The Awareness Ribbon or Pita Kepedulian. Today I asked my friend, Bayu, he is such a man behind this act, about how much the donation that we had collected until now. Surprisingly, we got 1.500.000,00 IDR and more stuffs such as clothes, books, etc. We already bought stuffs what those poor people needed there. That are blankets, children books, bath stuff, cooking oil, and rice. We will deliver that donation to PMI or Indonesian Red Cross who will deliver it to those poor people who need it. Depressingly, I can't help my friends to arrange to deliver the stuff, cause here I am, at my uncle house, 2 hours from Semarang.

Though this social activity is just a small act, but I'm so glad that we really do something for those people. We do not just. watch them at television, feel sympathy for them, then what? Do nothing. Just pray, but I'm not sure that our pray is a pray from the deepest of our heart. Do you 'really' pray for them? I meant do you really go to church and pray for them? Or take wudhu, and pray for them? Nah, I don't think so.

I do want to do something for them, maybe just give a little donation, but that's means a lot. By joining in this activity, I can felt that I had did something for them. I can help them, even just a little tiny thing, but at least, I did something, rite? So what are you, people, waiting for? Act now!
This are some photos of my friends and their ribbon:

"Putting On The Ribbon" was taken by me


Some of my pals, with their ribbon on their hand, and their smile.


Adit, one of my buddies, put on his ribbon


No comments:

Post a Comment